- Helped create the 376 Economic Development Partnership, a unique co-operative organization to develop the economy in Beaver County and the Region.
- Worked closely with Shell Chemical, the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance, the Corp. for Economic Development, and the Governor's Action Team to facilitate the selection of the former Horsehead Industry site as the preferred location for the Shell "Cracker" plant, which would bring up to 18,000 jobs to the region and 10,000 construction jobs.
- Worked with State Legislators, the Governor's Action Team, Potter Township and Central Valley School District to establish the KOEZ tax abatement area to support the Shell "Cracker" plant.
- Developed and conducted a Resurgence in Manufacturing Conference in December 2013 that brought together 150 leaders in manufacturing, finance, real estate, environment, and local, state, and federal officials. This resulted in a $600,000 federal grant for industrial site rehabilitation.
- Worked as a member of the Real Estate Committee of the Corp. for Economic Development to spur building activity at the Westgate Industrial Park in Big Beaver, Bridgewater Crossing in Bridgewater, the Hopewell Office Park in Hopewell Township.
EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE GOVERNMENT
- Did not raise real estate taxes during term in office.
- Led the initiative to privatize Friendship Ridge Nursing Home. The sale of Friendship Ridge for $37.5 million dollars averted County bankruptcy in 2013 and eliminated $22.5 million dollars of debt freeing up cash flow to fund many other needed projects. Saved 600 jobs and supplier contracts at the facility.
- Instituted a new computer based Time and Attendance System to track employee working time, vacation, and sick days. The System improves productivity and accurate pay.
- Recommended a new Contract Tracking System, which assures that County contracts are properly monitored for appropriate performance and renewal.
- Approved re-organization of the Law Department, which reduced the cost of outside legal consultants and saved hundreds of thousands of dollars
- Restructured Purchasing and Information Technology Departments resulting in substantial savings to the County.
- Created a Chief of Staff position to help oversee County operations and effectively manage various County departments.
- Championed the establishment of evening public meetings to allow more citizen participation and input. Also instituted website posting of Commissioner Work Session agendas for more transparency in government.
- Championed a new Employee Performance Review system to improve worker effectiveness and workplace skills.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Convened a conference of school districts, the Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit, Beaver County Career Technical Center, Penn State, Geneva College, Community College and state and local officials to improve coordination of training efforts for jobs in the new economy.
- Led efforts with local schools, colleges, training facilities, the Manufacturer's Association, and the Chamber of Commerce to create career paths that simplify and facilitate the means for job seekers to be qualified for specific jobs in industry and commerce.
- Worked with the Beaver County Educational Trust to improve literacy.
- Supervised the County Bridge Committee, which co-ordinated the construction of the $22.5 million dollar Veteran's Memorial Bridge connecting Rochester Township to Bridgewater.
- Worked to establish a new 4 season lodge in Brady's Run Park with a capacity of 150 people.
- Completed the gas leasing of Brush Creek and Economy Park, which resulted in initial revenue of 2.8 million dollars.